You are hereBack to top
Get Up, Stand Up: (Preschool Music Book, Multicultural Books for Kids, Diversity Books for Toddlers, Bob Marley Children's Books) (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
The third picture book adaptation of one of Bob Marley's beloved songs that has a timely message for children: To counter injustice, lift others up with kindness and courage.
A heartfelt and meaningful book that brings Bob Marley's music to life in a new way: As a young girl goes on with her day in school, she comes across several instances of teasing and intimidation. But with loving action and some help from her friends, she's able to make things right for herself and others.
• This cute children's book includes the impactful lyrics of Bob Marley's song 'Get Up, Stand Up' that has inspired millions of listeners around the world with messages of peace, love, and truth
• Written by Cedella Marley, Bob Marley's daughter, who has dedicated herself to keeping her father's message and memory alive
• With exuberant pictures by John Jay Cabuay accompanying Marley's iconic lyrics, Get Up, Stand Up is a vibrant testament to the power we all have to make a difference
Fans of Every Little Thing and One Love will also love the lyrical rhythm and the powerful message of love, peace, and harmony presented in Get Up, Stand Up.
• Great family and classroom read-aloud book
• Appeals to readers of all ages with the light-hearted tone and cheerful illustrations
• Books for kids ages 6–8
• Children's books for early elementary students
About the Author
Cedella Marley, the eldest child of Bob Marley, is also the author of One Love and Three Little Birds and performs with the Melody Makers internationally. She lives in Miami, Florida.
Bob Marley, a Jamaican singer-songwriter, is one of the 20th century's most important and influential entertainment icons, and his lifestyle and music continue to inspire new generations as his legacy lives on through his music.
John Jay Cabuay received his MFA in illustration from the Fashion Institute of Technology, and his illustrations have graced the covers of newspapers, magazines, and books worldwide. He lives in New York City.
"Carrying on her father's legacy of banding people together in solidarity, Cedella Marley adds to her collection of picture book adaptations of the singer-songewriter's beloved work with this new installment. An energetic readaloud that promises to pump up young dissenters and peacemakers."—Publishers Weekly
"A message of empowerment and unity . . . Joyous." — Kirkus Reviews